Pudding pie is far more delicious when you make it with melted ice cream. But it's even TASTIER when you add Baileys to the mix, as I did for their Friendsgiving campaign.
Pairing decadent, creamy Baileys with chocolate ice cream and pudding will yield possibly the most luxuriant chocolate cream pie filling you've ever tasted. The thick, velvety chocolate mixture falls somewhere between pudding pop and mousse in texture, which is so deeply, darkly, completely chocolaty in flavor that you won't want the slice to stop.
Note: As for the pie crust, the style used is up to you. I used a chocolate wafer cookie crust, but you could easily swap it out for a graham cracker or cookie crust if desired.
Baileys Ice Cream Pudding Pie
- Pre-baked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 large package (5.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups melted chocolate ice cream (yield after melting), with a nice pour of Baileys mixed in
- 1/2 cup Baileyswhipped cream for topping (suggested)
1. In a large bowl, beat pudding mix and Baileys and melted ice cream with a whisk until fully combined (about 2 minutes).
2. Spoon mixture into your prepared pie crust (it will be rather thick). Using an offset spatula, smooth the filling so that it is evenly distributed.
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours to let set before eating. If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.