I'm just going to come out and say it: I am no stranger to S'more brilliance. After all, I am the inventor of the mystical and magical S'moreo (S'mores made using oreos).
And I do own this t-shirt (thanks Nicole):
But if you're seeking extreme S'more Flavor Overload, have I ever got a new sweet treat for you: S'more Pop-Tart S'mores. If you suspect that this masterpiece is comprised of s'mores made using S'more Pop-Tarts instead of graham crackers, you suspect correctly.
If your impulse is to protest "too much!", I must gently correct you: "just enough". The usual S'more is bookended by even more S'more, in this case deliciously gooey Pop-Tart form. Really, what you've got is cold, hard (or is that soft, gooey?) proof that if some is good, s'more is better.
S'more Pop-Tart S'mores
Makes one (easily duplicated)
- 1 S'mores Pop-Tart, lightly toasted (not all the way toasted; it will finish toasting with the rest of the ingredients) and sliced in half
- 1 or 2 jumbo marshmallows
- 6 squares from a Hershey's Chocolate bar
- 1 square, about 4 by 4 inches, of aluminum foil
- Place one side of the pop-tart, frosted side down, on the foil.
- Lay the chocolate squares on top, and then the marshmallows (or single marshmallow, torn in half) on top of the chocolate. Add the second half of the Pop-Tart on top, frosted side up.
- Place in the toaster oven over medium heat for 1-3 minutes, until the edges of the pop-tart and marshmallows are are browned and the chocolate is looking melty on the sides. Remove carefully.
This can also be done in the microwave (don't use the foil!); place the ingredients on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 15 seconds.