CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Narrowed down from zillions of entries, I'll profile some of the 100 finalists--but of course, based on the subject matter of this site, I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
I appreciate the power of a promise. And these cookies, designed by Joan Cossette of Colbert, WA offer a delectable one: "Each bite of these sugar cookies promises a bit of sweet jam and a drizzle of sweet icing." Oh, yum.
Lemon Pistachio Blackberry Thumbprints
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 35 Min Makes: 36 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 cup shelled salted roasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup Blackberry Jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add pistachios, flour and lemon peel. Mix with wooden spoon or knead with hands until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation 3/4 inch wide in center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon jam into each indentation.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set but not browned. Remove to cooling racks. Cool 3 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, honey and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. If necessary, stir in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until of drizzling consistency. Drizzle honey glaze over warm cookies. Store in covered container.