akeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event!
Julie Pando Watertown, Massachusetts deserves some serious thanks: she's come up with a tasty brownie recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes and involves minimal ingredients for maximum tastiness. Sweet!
Prep Time: 20 Min Total Time: 3 Hr 10 Min Makes: 16 servings
- 1can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1 cup Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over 2 opposite sides of pan. Spray foil with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, beat frosting and chocolate hazelnut spread with electric mixer on high speed 2 minutes until fluffy and light in color. Reserve 1/4 cup of the frosting mixture in small microwavable bowl; set aside. Add eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt to remaining frosting mixture; beat on high speed 1 minute until well mixed. Stir in flour and chocolate chips. Pour and spread batter into pan. Top with hazelnuts.
- Bake 38 to 48 minutes or until center is set and slightly jiggly. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Microwave reserved frosting mixture on High 15 seconds or until mixture is of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over brownies; let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove foil; using serrated knife cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.