CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting recipes like crazy until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
This recipe allows you to have your coffee and eat your cake, too. And why not incorporporate a little chocolate, while you're at it? I like the way Janet Gill of Canton, Ohio thinks when she creates recipes.
Mocha Cappuccino Pull Apart Cake
Prep Time: 20 Min Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min Makes: 12 servings
- 1 container (8 oz) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Jif Mocha Cappuccino Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In large bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, sugar, mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread and butter with electric mixer on low speed 45 seconds or until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Separate dough into 16 rolls; reserve icing. Cut each roll into 6 pieces. Place 1/2 of the biscuit pieces into mascarpone mixture, gently folding to coat. Fold in remaining biscuits to coat; spoon mixture in pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until deep golden brown and biscuits are no longer doughy in center. Cool 15 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; carefully turn plate and pan over. Remove pan.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir 1 teaspoon boiling water and instant coffee granules until granules are dissolved. Stir in 1 container of the icing until well blended; drizzle over warm rolls. Cool 5 minutes. Drizzle with remaining container of icing. Serve warm.