CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Narrowed down from zillions of entries, I'll profile some of the 100 finalists--but of course, based on the subject matter of this site, I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
This little ray of sunshine of a recipe comes from Kelly Story of Sunnyside, Washington.
Raspberry Apple Stacks
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 55 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 2 small apples, peeled, cored
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers refrigerated honey butter biscuits
- 1/4 cup Seedless Red Raspberry Jam
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 8 jumbo muffin cups or 8 (6 oz) custard cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cut each apple into 8 thin rings about 1/4-inch thick.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; separate one biscuit into 3 layers. Place one layer in bottom and 1/2 inch up side of muffin cup. Top with one apple ring, cutting to fit if necessary. Spoon rounded 1/2 teaspoon of the raspberry jam in center of apple ring; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar. Repeat layers, ending with biscuit layer on top. Press edges of layers together. Repeat with remaining biscuits, apples, jam and brown sugar. Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar onto tops of biscuits.
- Bake 17 to 23 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons water until smooth. If necessary, add water 1 teaspoon at a time until of drizzling consistency. Run knife around edges to loosen biscuits. Remove from pan; top each with about 1 tablespoon glaze. Serve warm or cool.