CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Narrowed down from zillions of entries, I'll profile some of the 100 finalists--but of course, based on the subject matter of this site, I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
This is one of my favorite entries yet. Why? Um, refer to the title of the recipe. It's got all things delicious! And it has only five ingredients. It practically bakes itself! THank you to Lauren Katz of Ashburn, Virginia, for dreaming it up.
Chocolate and Coconut Pecan Custard Pie
Prep Time: 15 Min Total Time: 2 Hr 15 Min Makes: 8 servings
- 1Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, beat frosting, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and 1/2 teaspoon salt with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into crust-lined plate. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown, top is puffed and center is almost set. Cover crust with foil during last half of baking, if necessary, to prevent excessive browning. Cool at least 1 hour. Serve warm or cooled. Store covered in refrigerator.