CakeSpy Note: OMG! The 46th Annual Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited early by sharing some of the finalists' recipes. Do I need to tell you that the winner will receive one million dollars? My posting is on hyperdrive since the event is less than a week a day--check back often, because I will be posting three recipes a day until the big event! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below the post to see which ones have been posted so far. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 25 Min Total Time: 50 Min Makes: 9 servings (2 pancakes each)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed, well drained
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (12 oz) Northwest Triple Berry Preserves
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; cool 10 minutes. Spray nonstick electric griddle with No-Stick Cooking Spray; heat to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except preserves until well blended. Stir in quinoa. For each pancake, spoon and spread about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly and dry around edges. Turn; cook other side 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, cook preserves over medium heat until warm. Top pancakes with warm preserves.