Um, yum? I would like to enjoy one or possibly ten of these chocolate chip espresso almond bars. It's like a candy bar, coffee shop visit, and cookie, all at once! Thanks to Sharon Kershner of Fleetwood, Pennsylvania for dreaming up these sweet treats. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Chocolate Chip-Espresso-Almond Bars
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min
- Makes: 24 bars
- 1 container Pillsbury™ Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder or granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Imitation Almond Extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Pure Vanilla Extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Add 1/4 cup of the sliced almonds, the espresso powder and almond extract. Mix with wooden spoon, or knead with hands until well blended. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of the milk and the vanilla until smooth; add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired spreading consistency. Spread glaze over cooled bars; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sliced almonds. Refrigerate about 10 minutes or until glaze is set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.