Much ado about muffin! These ones have a sweet secret: they're made with cookie dough! This tasty AM treat comes from Mindy Beaumont of Crozet, Virginia. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Chocolate Chip-Banana Nut Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr
- Makes: 12 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container Pillsbury Gluten Free refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 ripe medium bananas, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray, or place a liner in each muffin cup.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds or until frothy and light yellow. Break up cookie dough into egg mixture; add bananas and baking powder. Beat on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth and well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts and the sugar. Bake 24 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered.