You know what's great? Biting into a morning breakfast roll and finding a sweet, creamy filling. Yes, yes, yes!
This sweet treat is courtesy of Linda Sellner of Hooksett, New Hampshire. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Ginger-Macadamia Breakfast Rolls
- Prep Time: 15 Min
- Total Time: 45 Min
- Makes: 8 rolls
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened (from 8-oz package)
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated reduced fat crescent dinner rolls or crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix macadamia nuts, brown sugar, gingerroot and vanilla until blended.
- In small bowl, place 4 teaspoons of the macadamia nut mixture; set aside. Add cream cheese to remaining macadamia nut mixture; mix until well blended.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto shortest side of each triangle. Roll up, starting at shortest side and rolling to opposite point. Place point side down, about 2 inches apart, on ungreased cookie sheet; tuck ends under. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon reserved macadamia nut mixture evenly over top of each crescent.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
CakeSpy Note: The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. Follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below to see the recipes posted so far.