CakeSpy Note: OMG! It's getting to be that time of year again. The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below to see the recipes posted so far (as well as recipes from previous Bake-Off events).
I must have been tired when I read the description of this recipe by Lenore Klass of Koloa, Hawaii, which goes like this: "Bacon lovers! Serve it up with pastry, chocolate and peanut butter for wild raves."
Why? Because my big takeaways were these: 1. Omigod, she lives in a town called Koala!! I want to live in Koala! and, 2. People still go to raves?
I had visions of Koalas with glo-necklaces, raving out and eating these tarts. Now, as it turns out, I was wrong. Nonetheless, I've made my decision, and just having that vision in my head makes an already magical on its own recipe...even more magical. Good luck at the Bake-Off!
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Bacon Tartlets
- Prep Time: 25 Min
- Total Time: 50 Min
- Makes: 12 tartlets
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 4 slices packaged precooked bacon (from 2.52-oz package)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup chocolate fudge creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll pie crust on work surface. Using 2 1/2-inch fluted round cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from pie crust. Press 1 round in bottom and 1/4 inch up side of each muffin cup. Prick bottom of each cup 3 times with fork. Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cups from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Place bacon on cookie sheet. Bake 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Cool 5 minutes; finely chop.
- In small bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar, butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed about 2 minutes or until smooth. Spoon 1 tablespoon chocolate frosting into each cup; spread over bottom and up side of each cup. Spoon or pipe, using 1/2-inch open star tip, about 1 tablespoon peanut butter mixture into each cup; sprinkle with bacon. Store covered in refrigerator.