You probably didn't need to be told that Hummingbird cake is simply the bomb. That might be a cheesy thing to say, but it's such a beautiful cake it moves me to corniness.
But did you know that hummingbird macaroons are also exceedingly amazing? If you didn't, it's time to give this recipe from Melanie Eichman of San Antonio, Texas a try. It yields soft cookies that are bound to make you hum with joy.
- Prep Time: 20 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 15 Min
- Makes: 30 cookies
- 1 roll Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup mashed very ripe banana (1 small)
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Original Double Strength Vanilla Extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Line cookie sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add remaining ingredients; beat with electric mixer on medium-low speed 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes. Store covered.