Never again do you have to decide between Pop-Tarts and candy bars for a snack. Chocolate-dipped Pop-Tarts are both. At once. And they will win the heart of any Valentine, guaranteed.
So go ahead--throw out your chocolate torte recipe. Throw the box of chocolates right out the window. In fact, throw out everything you own, except for the following.
- Parchment paper
- A baking sheet
- A heart shaped cookie cutter
Because it's time to make the best thing ever: Chocolate Dipped Pop-Tarts. They have all the fun of a Pop-Tart but with the added awesomeness of chocolate. Take that, chocolate covered strawberries!
These chocolate-dipped Pop-tarts are what love tastes like, and it is sweet.
Chocolate Dipped Pop-Tarts
- 6 Pop-Tarts, flavor of your choice
- 6 ounces chocolate (milk, semisweet, or dark - but not baking chocolate)
- Chocolate sprinkles
- a small heart shaped cookie cutter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the Pop-Tarts out of their packaging.
- Melt the chocolate, either in the top of a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments until it's melty.
- Position your melted chocolate near the parchment paper, and get to work.
- I found that the best method was to hold a Pop-tart in my hand, and use a spoon or spatula to drip chocolate over half of it, rather than dipping the Pop-Tart in the bowl of melted chocolate--too much chance of dropping it!
- Once coated, set the dipped Pop-tart on the parchment paper.
- Grab the heart shaped cookie cutter and place it on the chocolate portion of the Pop-Tart, while the chocolate is still soft. Pour sprinkles in the cutter, then gently lift the cutter off, careful to not upset the sprinkles. You can shake off excess sprinkles later, but for now leave them there.
- Let the decorated tarts set until the chocolate is firm, and then shake off any excess sprinkles. You are good to go, Romeo.