It's pretty safe to say I am obsessed with this recipe.
It includes all of the major food groups: carbs, chocolate, salt, and peanut butter. What's missing? Cream? Nope, they have that too. They have everything, delivered in twisty-turny-yoga-pose-pretzel form.
It's super sweet too that the recipe comes from Elizabeth Bennett of Seattle, Washington--my former hometown!
Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Filled Pretzels
- Prep Time: 25 Min
- Total Time: 45 Min
- Makes: 6 pretzels
- 3/4cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated original breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 1egg yolk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix powdered sugar, peanut butter, cocoa, whipping cream and vanilla until well blended. Unroll dough on work surface; separate into 12 breadsticks. Pinch ends of 2 breadsticks together; repeat with remaining dough to make 6 long breadsticks. Press each breadstick to form 12x2-inch strip.
- Divide chocolate mixture into 12 equal portions, about 1 rounded tablespoon each. Roll each portion into 6-inch long rope. Place 2 ropes down center of each breadstick strip. Fold dough lengthwise over chocolate ropes; press edges firmly to seal. Stretch each breadstick slightly. Shape rope into U-shape; cross ends, and place over bottom of U to form pretzel shape. Place seam side down on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining chocolate ropes and breadstick strips.
- In small bowl, mix egg yolk and 1 teaspoon water with fork. Lightly brush egg mixture over pretzels; sprinkle each with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.