Don't these little treats look darling? They taste just as good, since they're made with the following: chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate hazelnut spread, sweetened condensed milk, and hazelnuts. The cherry on top is what kills me, though! Recipe via Doris Rizza of Scottdale, Pennsylvania.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffle Tarts
- Prep Time: 30 Min
- Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min
- Makes: 24 tarts
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 3/4 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 1/2 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk (from 14-oz can)
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (filberts)
- 12 maraschino cherries, halved, well drained
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Butter Flavor or Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Shape dough into 24 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place 1 ball in each muffin cup. Bake 8 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix hazelnut spread, condensed milk and hazelnuts until well blended. Shape into 24 (1-inch) balls.
- Remove cookie cups from oven; cool 1 minute. Place 1 hazelnut ball in each cookie cup; press lightly. Top each with 1 maraschino cherry half. Cool completely in pan 30 minutes. Loosen with tip of knife; gently remove from pan. Store covered.