CakeSpy Note: OMG! It's getting to be that time of year again. The Pillsbury Bake-Off is coming in November! Since I so deeply loved attending the 45th Bake-Off as well as the 46th Bake-Off, I thought I would get you excited the 47th one early by sharing all of the sweet recipes in the running. I will focus on sweets! You can follow them by clicking the bakeoff tag below to see the recipes posted so far (as well as recipes from previous Bake-Off events).
Chewy Chocolate Chip-Almond Bars
- Prep Time: 15 Min
- Total Time: 2 Hr 25 Min
- Makes: 12 bars
- 1 package Pillsbury Ready to Bake! refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 2 oz marzipan, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add marzipan and almond extract. Beat with electric mixer on high speed about 2 minutes or until well blended. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- In small bowl, mix condensed milk and almond butter until smooth; pour over dough in pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips and almonds evenly over condensed milk mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center still jiggles slightly. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.